**Full Name:** Angela Marie Scanlon
**Date of Birth:** December 29, 1983
**Place of Birth:** Ratoath, County Meath, Ireland
**Profession:** Television Presenter, Journalist
Angela Scanlon is a renowned Irish television presenter and journalist who has paved her way in the UK broadcasting scene with grace, flair, and undeniable talent. With her infectious charm and wit, Angela is not just a household name in Ireland but has also made a mark in the UK and beyond. And now, she is all set to dazzle us on the dance floor as a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing!
– **Television:** Angela has presented numerous shows, making her a familiar face in many households. She gained widespread attention with her work on “The One Show” on BBC One, as well as her co-presentation on “Robot Wars” alongside Dara Ó Briain.
– **Documentaries:** Angela has also been known for her documentary work, including the critically acclaimed “Angela Scanlon’s Close Encounters” where she interviewed various celebrities and public figures.
– **Journalism:** Before venturing into television, Angela’s roots were in journalism. She has written for multiple publications including “Tatler”, “Elle”, and “The Sunday Times”.
– **Publisher:** Last year, Angela published her first book Joyrider, part empowering guide and part memoir, all about the importance of bringing gratitude into everyday life. Starting off as a stylist, she worked in fashion TV in Ireland, before beginning her UK career as the new presenter of Robot Wars and fronting documentaries for the BBC.
Who better to teach you to dance than the professional dancers from Strictly Come Dancing? You can meet the stars, learn their steps and be captivated as they perform spectacular shows just for you.
⭐ Spend the weekend with your favourite stars of Strictly Come Dancing at the stunning 5* Celtic Manor Resort in South Wales ⭐
⭐ Join Gorka Marquez, Karen Hauer, Kai Widdrington, Nadiya Bychkova, Aljaz Skorjanec, Janette Manrara, Strictly Argentine Tango Choreographers Leandro Palou & Maria Tsiatsiani, British, European & World 10 Dance Champions Glenn Richard Boyce & Caroly Janes, Former World Professional Ballroom Champions Warren & Kristi Boyce plus The Tony Greenwood 15-piece Big Band ⭐
Angela was born and raised in the town of Ratoath in County Meath, Ireland. She has always been passionate about stories, which laid the foundation for her career in journalism and subsequently in broadcasting. In 2014, Angela married Roy Horgan, and the couple welcomed their first child in 2018.
Angela’s announcement as a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing has been met with immense enthusiasm from fans and colleagues alike. Known for her radiant energy, viewers are excited to see how Angela brings her zest for life to the dance floor. With her dedication and never-give-up attitude, Angela is sure to be a memorable contestant in this season.
On joining Strictly, Angela said: “I’m terrified, I’m excited and I have so many questions. Will they make me tan? How itchy are sequins?! Do they do flesh coloured sports bras? Well – there’s only one way to find out, right!? Now I’m panicking a bit… but also secretly thrilled about the prospect of all that glitter. Let’s go!”
1. Angela is a passionate traveler and has a knack for exploring off-beat destinations.
2. She once took a memorable road trip across the USA for her series “Angela Scanlon’s American Holidays”.
3. Angela’s impeccable style has landed her on many ‘best-dressed’ lists.